Retro, A.K.A. Experiment 210, is an illegal genetic experiment created by Jumba Jookiba and a character in the Lilo & Stitch franchise. He is designed to use his extendable tongue to reduce people, animals, enemy weapons and technology to a primitive state; wrapping his tongue around the object or victim and spanking his bottom three times will reverse the de-evolution. His one true place is at a wildlife park creating extinct animals for a Mesozoic zoo. He is voiced by Frank Welker.
He was activated when his pod fell out of a palm tree and was splashed by water. He was erroneously seen in "Woops" as one of the experiments in Hämsterviel's prison cell, suggesting Gantu caught 210, but he was captured by Lilo and Stitch.
Retro is a small orange mammalian/reptilian dinosaur-like experiment with black eyes, a purple nose, tiny gold-tipped ears, gold markings on his back and gold spots around his eyes, and a thick, short tail and legs. His tongue is notably extendable. He stands 2 feet 1.1 inches tall and weighs 86.2 lbs.
Retro can wrap his extendable tongue around a person or object, and as he lets go, the person or object de-evolves into its primitive/prehistoric state.
Any de-evolved object or victim can be returned to its modern state by wrapping Retro's tongue around the object or victim and spanking his bottom three times.
Retro made an appearance in a later episode of the Stitch! anime along with Shrink, Squeak, Clip, and Nosox. It is shown that when Retro's powers are used on Stitch, he reverts to his original programming. This is because that was Stitch's earliest state after his creation.
- In "Woops", Retro erroneously appeared with Gantu's other captive experiments, but he was captured by Lilo and Stitch.
- Retro's pod color is blue.
- Retro is described by the experiment computer screen as, "Experiment 210. Primary function: Reduces victims, enemy weapons and technology to their primitive state".
- Retro is one of the few experiments to not appear in the group photo at the end of Leroy & Stitch.
- In the Stitch! anime, Stitch reverted to his original programming while under Retro's powers, as this was Stitch's earliest state after his creation. Strangely, however, Yuna was able to turn Stitch back to normal by simply reaching out to him and reminding him of his promise, as opposed to reversing the effects the usual way.