Manners, A.K.A. Experiment 358, is an illegal genetic experiment created by Jumba Jookiba and a character in the Lilo & Stitch franchise. He is designed to turn people polite. His one true place is with Mrs. Hasagawa as one of her "cats". He is voiced by Rob Paulsen.
He was activated by a watering can. The episode "Mrs. Hasagawa's Cats" also features these experiments: 002 Doubledip: Designed to double-dip, 031 Gotchu: Designed to pinch, 044 Forehead: Designed to sing off-key, 051 Hocker: Designed to spit acid, 077 Zawp: Designed to be lazy, 111 Mulch: Designed to tear up the ground, 134 Shredder: Designed to shred paper, 214 Pix: Designed to take bad pictures, 288 Boomer: Designed to be a boomerang, 507 Woody: Designed to eat wood, 521 Wrapper: Designed to wrap up things, 533 Blowhard: Designed to blow things, and 566 Derrick: Designed to drill holes.
Unlike most experiments, Manners does not cause mischief. As part of his programming, he is polite to a fault and does not like it when others fight. Thus, he will use his powers to force them be polite and get along. However, he is not mean-spirited and simply wants everyone to be polite and behave.
Manners is a black and white penguin or orca-like experiment with short ears, a brown nose and three black spines on his back. He resembles a doorman or butler.
Manners can sprinkle a sparkly dust from his fingers that causes his victims to become extremely polite. He can speak fluent English and is also very polite himself, often acting like a butler.
The effect of Manners' politeness-inducing dust presumably wears off after a while.
- The first time Manners' spines appear when he bows, they are yellow; then when the scene changes to where he is beside the door, his spikes are black.
- Like Reuben, Manners is one of the very few known experiments that can speak English rather fluently.
- Manners' pod color is yellow.
- Manners is descibed by the experiment computer screen as, "Experiment 358. Primary function: Turns people polite".
- Manners is one of the few experiments to not appear in the group photo at the end of Leroy & Stitch.